The National Reined Cow Horse Association, based in Pilot Point, Texas, seeks a motivated and efficient full-time Programs Assistant.
The Programs Assistant will report directly to the NRCHA Executive Director. This will be an in-office position which will be located at the NRCHA headquarters in Pilot Point, Texas. This position will work closely with the Programs Manager.
The applicant should have experience networking and developing programs within the cow horse industry. Knowledge of event planning is preferred. NRCHA judging experience and knowledge is a plus. This position requires travel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee the Cow Horse Clinic and event at the National High School Rodeo Finals which includes hiring clinicians, booking hotel rooms, booking flights, hiring judges, etc.
- Manage and oversee the NRCHYA program and be a staff liaison for the Youth Committee.
- Manage and oversee the NRCHA Stallion Auction.
- Work as lead with premier event facilities Food & Beverage Services.
- Maintain current NRCHA programs with the Programs Manager and develop new programs that coincide with industry trends which include but are not limited to the NRCHA Merit Award Program, Stallion Subscription Program, Affiliate Programs, Internship Programs, Incentive Programs, etc.
- Plan and execute NRCHA social events and parties at NRCHA premier events with the help of an approved party planner.
- Work closely with the NRCHA Programs Manager to maintain the NRCHA judges list and program.
- Grade NRCHA judge tests as needed.
- Assist at NRCHA seminars and clinics.
- Work closely with the NRCHA Premier Event Manager to place orders on behalf of the association for rental equipment, furniture, meals, catering, internet, etc.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close January 12, 2024.