The National Reined Cow Horse Association is looking for a dynamic individual to join their team as an Accounting Associate. This position will be based in the Pilot Point, Texas, office and will require some travel to provide accounting support at NRCHA Premier Events.
This position is the primary in-office accounting team member for NRCHA, and is responsible for overseeing full bookkeeping responsibilities including general ledger, receivables, payables, bank and credit card reconciliation, as well as coordinating with NRCHA staff and CPA to develop timely and accurate financial statements for NRCHA premier events and other major budget categories, and engaging with the NRCHA Ethics Committee to manage suspensions.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting degree and a minimum of three years of accounting experience, and must be proficient in QuickBooks and basic Microsoft Office programs (including Access), have strong customer service skills, and be able to contribute to a positive and team-oriented environment. Knowledge of reined cow horse is a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- Analyze budgets and create expense reports
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in QuickBooks
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, sponsors, and partners as needed (A/R)
- Process payments and follow up with clients, sponsors, and partners as needed (A/P)
- Reconcile bank statements and transactions for all NRCHA accounts
- Reconcile credit card statements for all NRCHA accounts
- Prepare and present financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information monthly
- Prepare items for NRCHA state reimbursement
- Staff liaison for the NRCHA Foundation
- Handle all NRCHA hotel contracts for NRCHA premier events, clinics, seminars, etc.
- Prepare and send employee contracts for premier events as directed by the Premier Event Manager
- Prepare and manage staff pay and travel arrangements for premier events
- Premier event reconciliation
- Premier event journal entries as directed by the NRCHA CPA