NRCHA is seeking bids for Official Photographer
The National Reined Cow Horse Association (NRCHA) has opened bids for an official photographer for the 2024 NRCHA Premier events. Details on the Request for Proposal can be found below.
Summary and background
Based in Pilot Point, Texas, the National Reined Cow Horse Association was formed in 1949 in California, with the goal of preserving and educating the public about the rich history of this traditional horsemanship. The NRCHA is responsible for promoting the sport and ensuring high standards of competition and continuing to work to keep the Vaquero tradition alive in today’s equine industry.
The NRCHA requests proposals for an official photographer for the 2024 NRCHA Premier events. The association seeks a qualified equine photographer to capture competition and awards shots at each of the five NRCHA premier events. The official photographer is to provide labor, photo equipment, and a sales platform for exhibitors to purchase photos on-site and following the events.
Proposals must be submitted via email to email@example.com by Thursday, November 30, 2023. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The proposal should include a detailed staffing plan, equipment inventory, examples of competition images (cow horse competition is preferred), a link to their online ordering platform, and a pricing and/or exchange for services structure. If you offer any additional services apart from the project scope listed below, please include them.
Project purpose and description
As the official photographer of the association, this individual should be capable of capturing the sport of reined cow horse in its entirety. It is the responsibility of the official photographer to photograph each entry competing at an NRCHA Premier event, provide photos to the association, and to sell photos from the event.
- Efficiently staff their business to provide the necessary coverage of the event in its entirety and offer excellent customer service to members, sponsors and fans.
- Ability to cover up to three arenas during an event, as needed.
- Provide multiple photographers for final go-rounds. Multiple photographers may be required for additional events/classes. These events/classes would be predetermined by the NRCHA.
- Photograph ancillary events such as youth activities, draw parties, banquets, etc. These ancillary events would be coordinated with NRCHA staff prior to the event.
- Must provide on-site and web based sales during and after each NRCHA Premier event.
- Offer reliable and timely delivery of orders during and after each NRCHA Premier event.
Photograph usage and licensing:
- Provide edited photos from NRCHA Premier events to be used in the association’s official publication, Reined Cow Horse News, as requested.
- Provide NRCHA licensing of photos captured at NRCHA Premier events for marketing and promotional purposes on behalf of the association.
- Supply digital copies of all photos taken at NRCHA Premier events for historical records. Hard drives and/or cloud-based storage provided by NRCHA.
- Allow photos to be sent to media partners for event coverage purposes only. Selected photos will be coordinated with the NRCHA staff.
The request for proposal is for the five premier events produced by the NRCHA in 2024. Based on performance and ability there is potential for a multiple-year contract.
- Celebration of Champions – Fort Worth, TX: February 11-24, 2024
- Stallion Stakes – Las Vegas, NV: April 4-13, 2024
- Western Derby – Scottsdale, AZ: May 29- June 8, 2024
- Hackamore Classic – Tulsa, OK: July 22-28, 2024
- Snaffle Bit Futurity® – Fort Worth, TX: October 4-19, 2024
Responses to this Request for Proposal must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, November 30, 2023. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
NRCHA reserves the right to revise or amend any terms within this Request for Proposal and will inform the bidding parties in writing of any changes. NRCHA also reserves the right to award a one-year contract. Selection of a successful bid is dependent on the ability for NRCHA to negotiate a contract with the bidding party. Selection will be based on the ability of the bidding party to meet the terms outlined in this RFP and emphasis will be placed on providing the best total experience for NRCHA’s members and their families, along with meeting the financial goals set by the Association.
Questions regarding the RFP are to be directed to NRCHA Director of Media and Communications, Callie Boevers// email@example.com.